Update (04-09-21): Alhumdulillah, the construction has started. JazakAllah khair for your contributions.
Update (31-08-21): Alhumdulillah, Rs 130,000 has been collected and transferred to my father’s account. JazakAllah khair for your contributions.
The following text was published on 17th August 2021:
The following message is from my father, who lives in Multan and knows this family for 15 Years:
This family comprises an old mother, a husband, a wife and two small kids. The husband used to work in a factory in the Industrial Estate Multan. He used to earn around Rs 25,000 per month and was able to support his family well. Last year, he got infected with Hepatitis C and was unable to afford the proper treatment. This has made him bedridden. The wife is working as a housemaid for around Rs 3,000 but this is not enough to support the basic necessities of the family.
My father is getting his medical condition diagnosed to estimate how much expenditure is required for his full recovery (if it’s already not too late). So that he can earn and support his family again. We have been providing annual wheat to the family so that they have something to eat and also trying to support the family financially.
They live in a one-room house where the roof leaks whenever it rains. They are looking for financial support of Rs 130,000 to repair the roof and the floor and construct another room in their house. The breakdown of the expenditure is as follows:
- Ten cement bags cost Rs 6,500
- One trolley of bricks contains 3,000 bricks and costs Rs 25,000
- One trolley of sand costs Rs 3,000
- Three trollies of mud costs Rs 6,000
- Five hundrad roof tiles cost Rs 12,500
- Mason costs Rs 1,500 per day
- Labor costs Rs 800 per day
- Misc costs
- Total cost for the repair of the existing room is estimated at Rs 85,000
- Total cost for the construction of a new smaller room is estimated at Rs 45,000